The Farmers & Merchants Bank was chartered as a State Bank in 1907 in Fairview, Oklahoma with George B. Ward as President and Peck Welhausen as Cashier. The capital stock of the Bank was $10,000, and there were seven stockholders. In April of 1910, it was decided to increase the capital structure to $25,000 and convert from a state to a national bank.
Farmers & Merchants National Bank
operated in a frame building located on a quarter section of land in Major
County, Oklahoma until 1917, at which time a building was erected on the
southwest corner of Main and Broadway in Fairview. The Bank did business
there until it was moved to a new building at 115 East Broadway in 1963.
We have had four locations and seven Bank
Presidents. We believe the people we have at Farmers and Merchants
National Bank are what makes us stand apart from others. Former
Bank President, Dean Ranson, was quoted as saying, "Good employees are
what makes a business, and good employees have made Fairview's Farmers
and Merchants National Bank an outstanding bank."